6 Tips to Maximize Sales During Holidays
2020 has changed the entire shopping experience. eCommerce stores online are way more profitable than offline ones.
According to these stats, global eCommerce sales will touch $4.2 trillion, making up 16% of total retail sales. It will further grow to $6.5 trillion by 2023.
Most of the website are underprepared to handle the traffic influx. Therefore, to make the most of this peak, you have to make sure your online store is ready inside out. Learn how to handle traffic surge efficiently.
Here are some tips that will boost your sales during the festive season:
1. Run a Load Test
A Load test is a performance test that determines how the website will behave under a specified load. The main aim of this test is to improve performance bottlenecks and ensuring a smooth experience with the website. Implementing this test will identify:
- Maximum traffic the website can handle with the given resources
- If the current infrastructure will be sufficient during sales
- Number of concurrent users it can support & scope of scalability
Once done, you can take an important decision regarding the resources and hosting of the website backed up by data.
2. Send Cart Abandonment Emails
A customer goes through your website, likes something, adds to the cart, and ends up leaving it, not completing the checkout. This could be because of some distraction, slower website, complex checkout process. However, all is not lost once a person abandons a shopping cart. In most cases, 30% of the carts are recovered with the help of abandonment emails. Here’s an example of an email:
3. A/B Testing for Best Solution
Changing an image here and there might not seem to be a big thing. However, it is one of the most important things to perform during sales preparation. Every business is different and has unique things as well as their customers. Certain things work for some stores while it might not work for others. When you perform an A/B test, you will be sure what works best for your store.
Examples of A/B Testing:
- Change text in your CTA buttons. Changing even a word could result in 2-3% increase in conversions.
- Using fewer fields in your contact form is proven to deliver better results.
- Test different types of headlines at your landing pages. For example, try using words like “Learn How to Make More Money” vs “Make More Money With These Tested Examples”.
- Instead of stock images, replace them with more candid photos of your employees or business.
4. Scalable Resources
Seasonal spikes in traffic could cause downtime and choke your servers. The lack of resources can lead your visitors to find an alternative.
Therefore, it is important to make sure your store isn’t overwhelmed by traffic and you don’t miss out on sales. To effectively run your business during sales, your host should be able to architect a scalable infrastructure. A managed cloud server will be your best investment. Autoscaling will help in increasing or decreasing the allocate resources.
Web Server Performance depends on:
- Processing power by allocated CPU cores
One of the most effective yet largely ignored way to boost your sales is upselling. Most of the marketers and store owners think it isn’t worth the effort, however, that’s not the case. Upselling can help boost your sale. According to Marketing Metrics book, “The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20%. The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%.”
When Amazon tested upselling on their platform back in 2006, the growth in sales was by 35%. You can either recommend warranties, complementary products or bundling.
6. Create a Sense of Urgency
When visitors browse your website, leave it without purchasing thinking they’d come back later. The sale is rarely completed. When you offer a compelling reason to purchase the product RIGHT NOW, it can shoot up your sales numbers.
For example: “Only Last 4 Left”, “Offer Valid Till Midnight”, “Buy Now & Get Free Shipping”.
This will help in creating a feeling of buying things then and there or missing out on the offer.
Products with urgency gets 14% higher click-to-open rates, twice the conversion rate and 59% higher transaction-to-click rates.
You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to make your store successful. The trick is to invest in things which are the foundation of your store (hosting, CMS, payment systems etc), learn from your competitors’ mistakes, and apply the tricks mentioned above.
Lastly, know your target customers and tailor your pitch accordingly.
Sakshi Behl heads the marketing at Webscoot.io, a fully-managed eCommerce hosting company. The company is based out of Delhi and has branches in California, UAE, and Australia. With 9+ years of experience in the hosting industry, their motive is to empower growing business by providing finest technologies. Feel free to contact her at email@example.com.
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business selling high-ticket products online with the drop shipping fulfillment method so you can make more profit per sale, have a sustainable and evergreen online business, get started with very little upfront investment, and live a location independent lifestyle. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of over 10 virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia. Trevor is also a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.
Step-By-Step Training for High-Ticket Drop Shipping
Here are the next steps you'll need to take to start your high-ticket dropshipping business:
- Lesson 1: Research The Market And Choose Your Niche
- Lesson 2: Start Your Shopify Website and Legal Business Structure
- Lesson 3: How To Find And Recruit The Best Suppliers
- Lesson 4: Optimize Your Shopify Website and Sales Funnel
- Lesson 5: Launch Your Store With Paid Traffic
- Lesson 6: How To Manage Your Business
- Lesson 7: Automate and Outsource Your Day-To-Day Work
Resources for Starting A High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce Store
These are the resources I've created to help you start your own high-ticket dropshipping eCommerce store:
Recommended Resources for eCommerce Entrepreneurs and Digital Nomads
- Best VPN Service
- Best Keyword Research Tool
- Best Domain Registrars
- Best Web Hosting
- Best Business Email for Small Business
- Best Small Business Phone System: Best VoIP for Small Business
- Best Virtual Mailbox for Every Traveler and Digital Nomad
- Best LLC Services: The Top 7 Business Formation Experts
- Best Business Credit Cards for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Business Checking Accounts for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Online Trading Platform for Entrepreneurs
- Best Credit Report Service: Excellent Tools To Monitor Credit Score
- Best Bookkeeping Services for Small Business
- Best eCommerce Platform for Dropshipping
- Best Shopify Themes for eCommerce
- Best Shopify Apps for Drop Shipping
- Best Email Marketing Software for Small Business
- Best Landing Page Builder for Shopify
- Best Social Media Management Tools
- Best Answering Service for Small Business
- Best Online Course Platforms