Best Keyword Research Tool: The Top 5 Marketing Must-Haves
So you already have a website running with rich content. The next question is - is your website showing on the search results of your audience? If not, then it’s the right time to learn about crafting a good keyword & content strategy.
Having the right strategy depends on your understanding of your target market and their behavior. The right strategy will make your website visible to your audience. Without one, your website may be hard to reach for potential customers, making it hard for you to achieve your desired conversion rates. Of course, you can always opt for the easy way out, which is to launch Google Ads and whatnot, but that’s not viable in the long run. A good website has a massive organic following, and that is what every website needs to have.
How To Create A Keyword Strategy
So how do you curate a good keyword strategy? There are a few things that you need to know; these are:
- What is your audience searching for?
- How many people search for it?
- How do they search it online?
To make it simple, let’s apply it to a niche site. For instance, you own a webstore selling luxury watches. Knowing your audience means you can answer the following questions:
- What kinds of luxury watches are people searching for?
- Who typically searches for a luxury watch?
- What words do they use to shop for luxury watches?
- What questions do they ask about luxury watches?
- Where are your customers located?
If you can provide answers to all of these questions, you are one step away from curating a good keyword strategy for your site. In the process of developing a good research strategy, you will notice that there are tons of keywords that you can target. This massive selection makes it hard for you to track and manage all relevant keywords manually. Thus, the right way to be on top of your keyword strategy is by utilizing an excellent keyword research tool.
Finding The Right Keyword Research Tool
An excellent research keyword tool will give you comprehensive insights into what your audience is searching for in different aspects. When utilizing a keyword research tool, you should have visibility over relevant data, including the following:
- Search volume: This data shows you the audience’s size that’s searching for your target keywords. These are the users that you should target.
- Keywords by competitors: This data shows you the keywords your competitors are ranking for.
- Seasonal keywords: This data shows you the seasonal trend for keywords. This insight works best for websites directly affected by known occasions like Christmas, Black Friday sale, etc.
- Regional keywords: Depending on your target market, you can narrow down your audience by specific locations. This data can be broken down specific to countries, states, cities, and even the smallest towns.
- Associated keywords: A keyword research tool shall also give you an insight into the relevant keywords that people are using together with your target keywords. This data can be in the form of a question (i.e., where is the best pizza place) or by comparative questioning (i.e., iPhone x vs. iPhone SE).
These are just some of the features that you need to look at when finding the right keyword research tool. It’s also essential to know that a keyword research tool can do tons of other capabilities for you. That is why you must have a full view of its capabilities that aligns with your requirements before jumping into any keyword research service.
In this blog, I’ll list down the Top 5 Keyword Research Tools that you should subscribe to. I’ve personally tried these products on my websites and have enjoyed its benefits. I’m sharing these with you to help you craft your keyword strategy and jumpstart your SEO game.
- Long Tail Keyword Research
- Competitor Keyword Research
- Local Keyword Search in 50,000 Locations
- Accurate Keyword Difficulty Tool
- Seasonal Keywords and Historical Trend
KWFinder’s pricing levels have three tiers: Basic, Premium, and Agency plan. Each plan includes access to Mangool’s other tools, such as SERPWatcher, SERPChecker, LinkMiner, and SiteProfiler. Thus, if you want an all-in-one solution for your SEO needs, this is the perfect choice.
- Mangools Basic at $29.90 per month: The basic plan includes 100 keyword lookups, 200 keywords suggestion per search, and 25 competitor keywords per search.
- Mangools Premium at $39.90 per month: The premium plan has 500 keyword lookups, 700 out of 700 keywords suggestion per search, and unlimited competitor keywords per search.
- Mangools Agency at $79.90 per month: This top-of-the-line plan offers you up to 1,200 keyword lookups, 700 out of 700 keywords suggestion per search, and unlimited competitor keywords per search.
It’s also important to note that KWFinder offers a 48-hour money-back guarantee for its plans.
What I think of KWFinder
This keyword research tool has over 25,000 satisfied clients that prove the benefits an ecommerce business can obtain. Thus, it’s safe to say that KWFinder is one of the best keyword research tools for ecommerce businesses. Fueled by data and performance, tapping this platform for all your SEO needs is an excellent way to go.
In fact, we use this tool heavily in eCommerce Paradise. If you want to know more about its features and capabilities, check out the link below for my full review on KWFinder.
- Long Tail Keyword Research
- Competitor Analysis Tool
- Rank Tracking
- SERP Breakdown
- Easy setup
Long Tail Pro’s offers three different plans – Starter, Pro, and Agency plan. These plans are affordable and suit small to enterprise-level organizations. You can choose to opt-out anytime if you subscribe to its monthly plans.
- Starter Plan for as low as $25 per month: The Starter plan allows up to 800 keyword searches every 24 hours.
- Pro Plan for as low as $45 per month: The Pro plan comes with 2500 keyword searches that you can use every 24 hours, perfect for mid-sized businesses.
- Agency Plan for as low as $98 per month: This plan allows you to search up to 6000 keywords per 24 hours. You also get 5 user access who can use the platform simultaneously.
Long Tail Pro also offers a 10-day money-back guarantee on all of its plans if you don’t find the service helpful.
What I think of Long Tail Pro
If you want to dive deep into your niche, using long-tail keywords is worth focusing on. Long Tail Pro is the perfect tool to hunt down long-tail keywords to help improve your ranking quickly and without hurting your budget. Also, Long Tail Pro proves to be a useful intel for spying on your competitors, making it a perfect choice for advancing your SEO rank.
For more information on what Long Tail Pro offers, check out my review below.
- In-depth keyword generator
- Unlimited Daily Searches
- Data comparison over time
- Unlimited Team Members
You can access AnswerThePublic’s services for free. However, if you’ll be needing unlimited searches, you can opt for its paid versions – Monthly and Annual plans.
- FREE: You can enjoy AnswerThePublic features for free for limited daily searches.
- Monthly plan for as low as $99 per month: This plan gives you more search data, unlimited searches, unlimited users, data comparison, CSV export, ability to hide branches & suggestions, high-res images, and priority customer support.
- Annual plan for as low as $79 per month: This plan gives you the same monthly plan features at a 20% discount.
What I think of AnswerThePublic
AnswerThePublic collects all the commonly searched terms surrounding your keywords in terms of questions, prepositions, relevance, and comparisons - giving you a 360° view of your keyword target. Discovering what your audience searches for can be a daunting task. AnswerThePublic provides you with a hassle-free solution that will save a lot of time and effort while giving you maximum results.
If you are looking for an unlimited source of content ideas, you should check out this tool. To know more about AnswerThePublic, check out my in-depth review of its services in the link below.
- SEO and rank monitoring
- Content-specific researching
- Competitive domain comparison
- Competitor research
- Backlink profiling
Ahrefs offers four different monthly plans for entrepreneurs to choose from, consisting of Lite, Standard, Advanced, and Agency plans.
- Lite Plan for as low as $99 per month: The Lite plan includes 300 tracked keywords per week, 25 domain crawls per day, and three daily searches in the Keyword Explorer.
- The Standard plan for as low as $179 per month: The Standard plan includes 1000 tracked keywords updated every 3 days, 100 domain crawls per day, and 50 daily searches in the Keyword Explorer.
- The Advanced plan for as low as $399 per month: The Advanced plan includes 200 keyword searches per day, daily updates on 4000 tracked keywords, access to backlinks and ranking indexes.
- The Agency Plan for as low as $999 per month: The Agency plan gives you real-time web mention tracking, hourly backlink reports, higher allowances for every site, and more.
Ahrefs offers a 7-day free trial that you can use to check out its services.
What I think of Ahrefs
Ahrefs is a safe choice for every website owner regardless of the scale of your website. Ahrefs does a lot beyond its capabilities to gain interest and consideration. Besides its powerful capabilities, Ahrefs also focuses on its interface improvements, advanced reporting, and better keyword management features, so you’re sure to get good value. With everything mentioned, Ahrefs has proven to be a useful tool that can take your SEO campaigns to the next level.
If you want to know more about Ahrefs, read on to get a full view of what it can offer through my review article.
- Domain Overview feature
- Organic Research feature
- Keyword Gap & Magic feature
- SERP & Rank Tracking
- Seamless Social Media toolkit
SEMrush offers four types of subscription plans depending on your size – these are Pro, Guru, Business, and Enterprise. Each plan includes at least 40+ advanced marketing tools that you can use to plan and execute your SEO campaigns.
- Pro Plan for as low as $83.28 per month: The Lite plan lets you track up to 500 keywords simultaneously with daily updates using the Position tracking tool.
- Guru Plan for as low as $166.62 per month: The Guru plan also allows you to crawl up to 300,000 pages per month using the Site audit tool.
- Business Plan for as low as $333.28 per month: The Business plan also allows you to crawl up to 1,000,000 pages per month using the Site audit tool.
- Enterprise Plan (custom pricing): The Enterprise plan works for bigger businesses and is customizable depending on your needs.
SEMRush offers a FREE 14-day trial to try out its services. Once you’ve signed up, you also get a 7-day money-back guarantee if you want to opt-out.
What I think of SEMRush
Overall, with SEMrush’s powerful SEO capabilities and invaluable metrics, you’ll be guaranteed to get the most out of your subscription. With SEMrush, you won’t need to hire multiple digital marketing analysts to give you an in-depth overview of your website, SEMrush can provide you with all the insights that you need in a few clicks. This information will surely guide you in crafting the most effective digital marketing campaigns for your brand while considering your competitors’ strategies.
To get more information about SEMRush’s capabilities and features, read on to access my review article below.
Overall, these are the best keyword planners that I have personally worked on. Once you’ve decided to subscribe to any of these keyword research tools, you should be able to craft and execute the right keyword strategy for your brand.
I hope that my list of the best keyword research tools will help you plan the right content marketing strategy to ensure your website's success.
What do you think of this list? Drop us a comment below!
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business selling high-ticket products online with the drop shipping fulfillment method so you can make more profit per sale, have a sustainable and evergreen online business, get started with very little upfront investment, and live a location independent lifestyle. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of over 10 virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia. Trevor is also a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.