Best Small Business Phone System: Best VoIP for Small Business
Running a business means being on top of every single process that governs your daily operations. Part of this process is making sure your communication lines work properly for both external and internal purposes. A business with an effective communication system is sure to benefit from higher productivity. In contrast, a company gets hard to reach due to its problematic phone system.
One option in establishing an effective communication line is by utilizing a VoIP system. VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol is a communication technology that provides a phone service powered by internet connection. It converts your voice into a digital signal, which allows you to make a call directly from your mobile device, computer, VoIP phone, and all other data-driven devices.
Since its development, many businesses have switched to VoIP from using regular phone lines. Here are some of the top reasons why choosing a VoIP over the traditional phone system.
Why Should You Use VoIP?
A VoIP System has tons of benefits to offer. Many users switch to VoIP because of its affordability, functionality, and flexibility.
VoIP is more affordable than traditional phone lines
VoIP offers lower call rates and little to no equipment installation, making it a good fit for small businesses that need a robust phone system without breaking the bank.
VoIP lets you enjoy everything that a traditional phone system can offer at a lower price, provided that you have an internet connection. In terms of hardware, VoIP is also easy to set up and maintain. Most VoIP providers offer you a choice between using your existing device or equipment and getting low-cost VoIP phones, so there’s no need to do a massive line setup.
VoIP supports multiple callers simultaneously
With a regular phone system, you can only talk to one person at a time. With VoIP, you can enjoy group calls and even organize a conference call, which plays a vital role in effective collaboration. This feature makes it easier for businesses to collaborate better and coordinate with clients more efficiently.
VoIP offers plenty of features as compared to a traditional phone system
VoIP offers tons of additional features that a traditional phone system is not capable of doing so. A VoIP system offers tons of advanced features that enable you to get better productivity. For instance, you can forward a simple voicemail to multiple recipients in just a single click. Some VoIP services also transcribe voicemails and send it directly to your email, so you’re sure not to miss an important message. You also get basic features, including voicemail, call transfers, call forwarding, call waiting, speed dialing, area code selection, and more.
VoIP strengthens business mobility
A VoIP system is extremely flexible and mobile. A VoIP is a phone system that you can easily take with you wherever you go, unlike the traditional phone system, which stays to your home or office. Essentially, a VoIP system is entirely mobile and is not limited to any location. You can still use your VoIP so long as you have the device, and people may still contact you through your business number wherever you are. Thus, if you’re a traveling entrepreneur, you will surely benefit the most from this service.
These are just some of the main reasons why utilizing a VoIP system is a better choice for your business. Thus, if you’re still using a traditional phone system, this may be the perfect time to switch.
On the other hand, if you’re already thinking of getting a VoIP service, this blog should help you decide which VoIP provider is the perfect fit for your requirements. Read on as I introduce you to the top 3 VoIP systems for small businesses.
Grasshopper is a virtual phone system designed for entrepreneurs that aims to provide a robust and straightforward phone system that can be used anywhere. It’s one of the virtual phone systems providers that has proven its capability to 350,000 customers globally.
- Worldwide flexibility
- Cloud-based; no external equipment and software installations required
- Account manager
- Desktop and mobile phone applications
- Simultaneous call handling
- Call management
- Supports call & text
- 24/7 customer support
Subscription Plans: Solo, Partner, and Small Business Plan
- The Solo plan starts for as low as $26 per month; it comes with one number and three extension numbers.
- The Partner plan starts for as low as $44 per month and comes with three numbers and six extension numbers.
- The Small Business plan starts for as low as $80 per month and comes with five numbers and unlimited extension numbers.
Grasshopper offers a 30-day money-back guarantee wherein you get a full refund if, for some reason, you didn’t like its services.
Grasshopper offers the best PBX phone system, especially for mobile businesses. The company offers everything you need from a phone system and takes it up a notch by making it extra flexible and fit for your business travels. With its simple account manager, Grasshopper assures that your organization - whether big or small, can handle all call-related traffic without problems.
To know more about Grasshopper, click the link below to read my review article.
Like Grasshopper, FreedomVoice does well in providing a low-cost phone system for small businesses. To date, it helped over 200,000 small businesses. In 2016, GoDaddy acquired FreedomVoice, and together, they specialize in helping small businesses grow and succeed with phone solutions packed with an array of calling, collaboration, and mobility tools.
- Straightforward and customizable account manager
- iPhone & Android app
- Unlimited line capacity
- Third-party app integrations
Subscription Plans: Start, Edge, and Suite Plan
- The Start plan starts at $9.95 per month and comes with 400 minutes and a 3.9¢ additional fee for every exceeding minute. It has ten voice mailboxes and one toll-free or local number.
- The Edge plan starts at $19.95 per month and comes with 1200 minutes of calls and charges 3.9¢ for every additional minute. It has 25 voice mailboxes and one toll-free or local number.
- The Suite plan starts at $29.95 per month and comes with unlimited calls.
FreedomVoice also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee wherein you get a full refund if you opt-out of its services.
FreedomVoice offers a wide variety of features that’s easy to use regardless of the plan you choose. The features are simple, necessary, and with high efficiency, perfect for any business. Since external hardware is not necessary for the installation, FreedomVoice can be up and running within minutes.
To know more about FreedomVoice, click the link below to read my review article.
Phone.com is known to be the best in providing a cloud-based solution at a low price. Phone.com provides a unified communication solution that lets you connect with your team and customers worldwide.
- Talk, text, & chat functionality
- Video conferencing
- Live receptionist
- Multiple extensions
- CRM integrations
Subscription Plans: Base, Plus, and Pro Plan
- The Base plan offers 300 minutes for $12.99 per month for the pay-per-minute plan, and $29.99 per month, for the unlimited plan. Both per-minute and unlimited plans include unlimited user extensions, one local or toll-free number, 5000 SMS messages, 40+ standard features including call queuing, and voicemail to email.
- The Plus plan offers 500 minutes for $19.99 per month for the pay-per-minute plan and $37.99 per month for the unlimited plan. Both packages include unlimited user extension, two local or toll-free numbers, 10,000 SMS messages, everything in base plan plus automated voicemail to text, premium hold music, etc.
- The Pro plan offers 1000 monthly minutes for $39.99 per month for the pay-per-minute plan and $59.99 per month for the unlimited plan. Both plans include unlimited user extension, three local or toll-free numbers, 20,000 SMS messages, everything in plus plan plus call analytics, and 300 call recording minutes.
Phone.com is perfect for individuals, small businesses, and even enterprises looking for innovative and cost-efficient phone systems. Phone.com proves to be a reliable and innovative phone system provider. It offers a full suite of virtual phone systems under one cloud that gives you the flexibility of a modern-day entrepreneur.
To know more about Phone.com’s features and services, click the link below to read my review article.
An excellent phone system doesn’t have to be pricey. With a VoIP system, you get the full functionality of an enterprise-level phone system without paying its hefty price tag.
I hope that this list helped you decide which VoIP service is best for your business.
What do you think of the list below? Leave us a comment below!
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia, and is a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.