Coursera Review: The Best Online Learning Platform
Planning to learn something new? How about developing a new skill? Or are you just looking for a skill upgrade? Whatever it is, gone are the days you need to be physically present in a room for learning. The technology that we have right now makes online learning possible.
Online learning is gaining much popularity right now because of its many advantages. The main advantage is that studying online gives you more flexibility that makes you choose your learning environment. Other benefits of taking online courses include the following:
- Best learning option for career advancement
- Self-paced learning so you can finish your targets anytime that works for you
- Lower costs so you can enroll in more courses
- Learn whatever you want since there are many categories available
- …and many more!
In this blog, we introduce to you one of the best online learning platforms available today. Coursera is an online learning platform established in 2012 that offers free online courses in different categories.
First, if you're asking if Coursera is legit, it is. This online learning platform was established by two Stanford professors back in 2012. Currently, over 45 million users are subscribed to Coursera's online courses worldwide.
The company is also associated with the top universities worldwide, including Stanford, Duke University, University of Pennsylvania, and many others. Not only that, but Coursera also works closely with leading corporations like Google, IBM, PwC, and other global brands to offer excellent courses on the platform.
Obtain excellent learning experience from the world's best professors and experts
Are you thinking of learning straight from the experts? It's easy, Coursera boasts over 2,000 online courses and specializations developed by the best universities and leading businesses worldwide. Some say that Coursera is a virtual university where the best professors in the world teach. Learning through Coursera has made world-class professors extremely reachable. For instance, you get professors from Princeton and Stanford for free, I mean come on.
Coursera's catalog courses are also excellent and massive. It's always up-to-date with the latest topics and courses relevant today. The platform also boasts the most extensive catalog of courses with certifications offered to formalize each learning program. The online courses are taught very clearly, along with practical exercises that will keep you on track for your progress.
Massive industry specialization topics
Coursera courses cover almost all topics under the sun. Subjects are divided into the following: Art and humanities, Business, Computer science, Data Science, Information technology, Health, Math and logic, Personal development, Physical science and engineering, Social sciences, and Language.
For entrepreneurs, we can focus on business. You can choose among Leadership and management, Finance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Business Essentials, and Business strategy in the business aspect.
In the Business section, you will find everything you need to start and grow your business. It's as simple as learning the best English for business communication, gaining more sales through Negotiation & Sales strategies course, understanding effective Project Management, and risk assessments, moving into Digital transformation, and knowing the hacks of eCommerce businesses.
The best part? You can even earn your degree through Coursera. Coursera offers different certifications and master's degree programs from various universities and companies worldwide, which you can finish 100% online.
Pricing and Subscription
While there are many free courses available on this platform, there are also those that require a certain fee. Pricing varies with Coursera depending on which one you’d go to. For instance, if you prefer to get individual certificates for your selected online courses, you will need to pay between $50 and $100 to get an official certificate, this fee is dependent on the topic.
For specialization courses, you will need to subscribe to get the full course. Subscription fees usually range from $39 to $79 per month. The good thing is you can finish the course earlier so you can end up paying less. An example is Coursera's Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialization, which generally takes up to four months to finish if you take it for six hours per week. On the flip side, if you have more time, you may complete this course faster.
Then there are Coursera Professional Certifications. This service is relatively new and was just launched in late 2019. These professional certificates are done in partnership with top companies like Google, SAS, IBM, and many others. Sample topics include Google IT Support Professional Certificate, IBM Data Science Professional Certificate, Arizona State University TESOL Professional Certificate, and many others. Like the specialization courses, Coursera’s Professional Certification offering is available for subscription starting at $39 per month. If you don’t want to dive in instantly, you can opt for their 7-day free trial.
The newest offering in the market is Coursera Plus, which will give you unlimited access to 3,000+ courses, specializations, and professional certificates for one whole year for only $399. Best part? You can do a free 14-day trial, money-back guarantee!
The grandest offer, of course, is Coursera's online degree and MBA offering. Are you thinking of getting your MBA? Or are you interested in taking up Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences? How about finishing up your Masters in Innovation and Entrepreneurship? Whatever it is, Coursera surely has it. With this offering, you're looking at between $15,000 and $25,000 for a complete course. It may still be pricey, but it is more affordable than enrolling at a traditional university. Earn your degree within the comfort of your home while getting the perks of studying at a reputable university.
Learn wherever, whenever with Coursera app
No matter what race you're from or what your occupation is, – you should never stop learning. This is where Coursera comes in. The good thing with Coursera is the diverse range of subjects and topics available for its users. With Coursera, you can enroll in any free online course that suits your interests and study it efficiently. Some specializations are available for a specific fee, discussed below.
Coursera app offers video lectures with subtitles available in multiple languages. Lecture notes are provided in many courses. Discussion forums are also open to attend to all your questions. The app's user interface is also sure to give you the best user experience that will make it easy for you to navigate through the app.
Why we prefer Coursera
With everything mentioned above, it is also worth noting that Coursera also has its fair share of shortcomings. Coursera may still have a lot of room for improvements in terms of support and in terms of addressing pricing issues. But at the end of the day, Coursera is an excellent tool for learning, and these issues do not outweigh what we enjoy about the platform.
If you're someone who always wants to learn new things and upgrade existing skills, then we highly recommend Coursera. Coursera is an excellent platform that provides exemplary education through its online courses without the expensive price tag of a traditional university. Coursera works closely with the leading universities and global corporations worldwide to deliver free and top-notch industry lectures. Besides all that, here are our top reasons why we believe Coursera will give you great value for money.
- Diverse options: Coursera has over 3,900+ courses & specializations available in its platform.
- Lowest price point: Coursera made online education possible for almost everyone with its free online courses. It also made professional certifications and, to some extent - educational degree accessible to many who cannot afford the traditional way.
- Peer assessments: Every course has an assignment that allows peer assessment. This will give you a better sense of how your work looks like compared to the others enrolled in the class. Peer assessments also let you interact with other students.
- A world-class education: With only the best professors in the world, you are sure to get quality education the same as that of Ivy League, from the comfort of your home.
- It's perfect for everyone who wants to develop a new skill, upgrade existing knowledge, and gain an expert level of wisdom.
- Certifications available: By enrolling in several courses, you can earn a specialized skill that you can convert into accreditation for a certain fee. Best part? You can easily link your certificates with your LinkedIn profile so recruiters will be able to see it.
Coursera has made education more accessible and affordable. This platform makes it possible for you to be an expert by being trained by experts in your field. There are plenty of courses to choose from in Coursera that will surely attend to your needs and interests. However, to get the best out of this technology - you have to be wise to sign up for a subscription unless you intend to complete the full course.
How about you? Have you tried Coursera?
Let us know in the comment section below!
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business selling high-ticket products online with the drop shipping fulfillment method so you can make more profit per sale, have a sustainable and evergreen online business, get started with very little upfront investment, and live a location independent lifestyle. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of over 10 virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia. Trevor is also a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.
Step-By-Step Training for High-Ticket Drop Shipping
Here are the next steps you'll need to take to start your high-ticket dropshipping business:
- Lesson 1: Research The Market And Choose Your Niche
- Lesson 2: Start Your Shopify Website and Legal Business Structure
- Lesson 3: How To Find And Recruit The Best Suppliers
- Lesson 4: Optimize Your Shopify Website and Sales Funnel
- Lesson 5: Launch Your Store With Paid Traffic
- Lesson 6: How To Manage Your Business
- Lesson 7: Automate and Outsource Your Day-To-Day Work
Resources for Starting A High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce Store
These are the resources I've created to help you start your own high-ticket dropshipping eCommerce store:
Recommended Resources for eCommerce Entrepreneurs and Digital Nomads
- Best VPN Service
- Best Keyword Research Tool
- Best Domain Registrars
- Best Web Hosting
- Best Business Email for Small Business
- Best Small Business Phone System: Best VoIP for Small Business
- Best Virtual Mailbox for Every Traveler and Digital Nomad
- Best LLC Services: The Top 7 Business Formation Experts
- Best Business Credit Cards for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Business Checking Accounts for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Online Trading Platform for Entrepreneurs
- Best Credit Report Service: Excellent Tools To Monitor Credit Score
- Best Bookkeeping Services for Small Business
- Best eCommerce Platform for Dropshipping
- Best Shopify Themes for eCommerce
- Best Shopify Apps for Drop Shipping
- Best Email Marketing Software for Small Business
- Best Landing Page Builder for Shopify
- Best Social Media Management Tools
- Best Answering Service for Small Business
- Best Online Course Platforms