Surfshark Review: Best VPN for Windows and Mac
More than 26% of all internet users rely on VPN services, as cited by a market research company and consumer insights experts, Global Web Index. And here’s why you should consider using it too.
A Virtual Private Network or VPN is a service that permits people to connect to the internet via an encrypted tunnel that ensures online privacy and protection over sensitive data.
VPNs are used by start-ups to large enterprises to make protected private networks, which allows employees to access company information hosted on private servers. While on the other hand, VPNs are beneficial to individuals as it allows people to hide their true information while on applications and browsers.
Without VPN, users are exposed to numerous online threats such as hacking, malware and phishing, and identity theft. Moreover, the danger of ad manipulation, ISP tracking, and price discrimination are also possible without a VPN in place.
Unprotected devices and those that do not enable encryption are data thieves’ favorites. Identity, information, passwords, and other log-in credentials might end up getting stolen if no proper security is employed.
Why is it important to use VPN?
Using VPN hides IP addresses. This IP address serves as the users’ identity, hence, mainly used for data collection by websites, hackers, and even the government. Using VPN masks the real IP address, completely making users anonymous and private. Moreover, VPN protects users and devices when connected to public WiFi, which is notoriously known to be a hacker’s lair. VPN also unblocks blocked websites due to censorship or geo-blocking.
Over time, it is expected that the use of VPN will grow in the next years as more people become aware and vigilant with their online safety.
With tons of VPN service available today, how to select the best VPN to use?
Surfshark is one of the best VPN service providers raved by many people nowadays.
In the next sections, we will take a deeper look at Surfshark’s offers and features and what makes it one of the top VPN providers globally.
What is Surfshark?
Surfshark officially based in the British Virgin Islands and one of the new players to the VPN market. It is a straightforward VPN that comes with comprehensive and updated features. It assures instant and secure access to content. Surfshark can be used to browse the internet, stream, play online games, and access public WiFi, much like other VPN providers.
Who can use Surfshark?
Basically, a VPN can be utilized by everyone who goes online nowadays. It has become an essential technology of online security and privacy.
Surfshark can be beneficial to privacy and security aficionados, human rights activists, sports enthusiasts, frequent travelers, passionate gamers, entertainment fans, torrent devotees, and basically even mobile users in general.
Surfshark supplements enough privacy and protection so as not to expose users online. Bypass censorship, or stream entertainment content from any parts of the world easily. Gamers also get better prices and enjoy playing different servers using a VPN. By connecting to a VPN server, ads are blocks making the connection faster than ever.
What are Surfshark’s Features?
With Surfshark, sensitive data is secured all the time. It secures every user’s digital life with top-caliber features.
- CleanWeb – Completely removes ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts. CleanWeb blocks ads and malware even before they load, making the internet surfing experience faster. Without this adware and malware, users can save mobile data and boost browsing speed. CleanWeb helps users avoid scammers and fraudsters.
- Unlimited Devices - Connect multiple devices all at once. Protect as many devices simultaneously.
- Whitelister – Choose and allow specific websites and applications to bypass the VPN. Whitelister is Surfshark’s split tunneling feature that enables users to exclude certain applications and websites to connect via VPN. Whitelister is a technology that creates separate “tunnels.” One tunnel leads to VPN while the other evades it. VPN split tunneling manages security and privacy better. Some might need encryption protocols, while some apps don’t just need VPN coverage. Surfshark’s Whitelister provides full control on whitelisting as long as users exercise caution as well.
- No-Logs Policy – Like other VPN providers, Surfshark is committed to total security. Hence, they don’t keep or monitor user logs.
- Kill Switch – There are times that the VPN connection may drop. Surfshark is smart enough to provide an additional layer of safety in the form of a kill switch. It acts as a safety net to avoid exposing the user’s activities and sensitive data.
- Private DNS and Leak Protection – Security to the next level. Surfshark’s private DNS on each server and leak protection when using IPv4 stack assures whole online security.
- MultiHop – Enables country to country connection without leaving any traces. It gives maximum ID protection and safety.
- NoBorders Mode – This feature is specifically designed to protect customers. With Noborders mode, users can safely access Surfshark even from the most restrictive regions.
Encryption – Surfshark utilizes high-competence security for personal data. Industry-leading AES-256-GCM encryption is used to guard data privacy.
Surfshark Customer Support
Surfshark provides a couple of customer support platforms if ever, users needed assistance.
On its website is a help tab that is pretty much straightforward with its content. The guides are neatly organized by apps such as windows, android, iOS, macOS, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. Hence, making it easier to find specific answers. The page also comes with a quick search for faster query resolution. Helpful information populates the page and is really great for those starting up with the platform.
Surfshark also offers knowledge-base support through tutorials collection and general information and FAQ sheet.
Should there be a need for further help, active 24/7 live chat support is also available.
In contrast to other services, Surfshark has only one plan option, but the prices vary depending on the subscription length.
- One-month subscription to Surfshark costs $11.95 per month.
- Twelve months subscription to Surfshark costs $5.99 per month, with 50% saving.
- Twenty-four months subscription to Surfshark costs $1.99 per month, with 83% saving.
All plans include Surfshark’s exclusive features’ such as CleanWeb, Whitelister, MultiHop, and Kill Switch. Surfshark also offers 30-day money-back guarantee on all pricing tiers.
A good thing to add is that Surfshark accepts payment via credit cards, Google Pay, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Alipay, and even cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum, and Bitcoin.
Surfshark: Is it worth it to try?
Surfshark offers maximum online security and privacy that everyone needs. May it be a business or individual. One factor that may win over the others is that users can connect unlimited devices simultaneously – an offer, not every VPN provider has.
However, one downside can be the varying speed based on the server’s geographic location, but Surfshark still performs way better than others. Its speed is outstanding, especially in its base location, Europe. It also has a solid number of country-to-country connections that are perfect, especially for global travelers.
Its flexible payment terms, which accept cryptocurrency, is also an innovative move.
Surfshark is also one often included in the top 10 VPN providers poll, along with giants such as NordVPN and ExpressVPN, which guarantees its reliable performance. Its low cost, strong encryption protocols, and great service make it one of the best VPN providers available.
Have you tried Surfshark? What do you think about its service? Leave a comment below!
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia, and is a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.