Thinkific Review: Best Course Platform for Online Businesses
Today, selling online courses has become a viable way to earn supplementary income for a business. In fact, the international market for online education reached a remarkable $255 billion in 2017, according to the World Economic Forum. Hence, no one can deny the massive opportunity that this industry presents.
In fact, by 2021 alone, the market for self-paced learning is expected to reach a staggering $27.1 billion to $47.9 billion according to professional estimates. The driving growth of e-learning can be attributed to the shift of companies and educational institutions’ processes. In addition, there are more people moving into online learning platforms because of its convenience and immediate accomplishment in filling out the gaps for any skill sets.
Now, as a business, it is highly recommended to tap the technological changes not just to increase the income, but also to display thought leadership and industry proficiency. Why is it advantageous for the business? Well, creating an online course can benefit the business in several ways, such as the obvious, as an additional stream of revenue or a passive income. Moreover, online courses are also an excellent lead generator and provide a platform for the brand’s message to be seen in another light. Venturing into online learning also adds more credibility to the business as it claims expertise over more matters around its operations.
Are you convinced to embark on online teaching platforms? With Thinkific, online businesses can create and sell online courses, under the brand through super simple technology.
Curious to learn more? This review will touch a powerful all-in-one platform for businesses in order to grow revenue and share extensive corporate knowledge. Read on to find out more about Thinkific, and what sets it apart from other online course software available in the market.
Shaped from experience, Thinkific’s CEO, Greg Smith, decided to take an online course. This has prompted him to realize that taking his course online meant an opportunity to influence more students worldwide, and eventually, create more profits and total autonomy for the students. From there, the inception of Thinkific began, with the mission to build the best platform for course creators and businesses looking to educate clients and potential clients.
What is Thinkific
Thinkific is a course software platform that enables businesses and individuals to produce, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. The platform aims to transform the way the majority of the public and business entities learn and earn online. Thinkific provides supplementary tools, essential to turn knowledge into a sustainable business that influences.
The creators’ value the ownership of each Thinkific customers. Henceforth, giving them full control over the data and content within the platform. Also, it has a very laid-back branding and customization options that even beginners would totally like.
All of the Thinkific tools are designed for both creators and audiences, and are optimized for sustainable and successful learning. Guided by the actual learning experience, these tools are maximized and formed to make an impact across the learning journey.
- Create Courses – The simple but intuitive platform of Thinkific is powerful enough to assist in creating and launching courses fast. With its drag and drop content, curriculum and other teaching materials are easier to create. The features are powerful enough to answer even the most challenging demands for online learning. What’s great is that it requires no coding at all.
- Multi-Media Content – In order to engage better during the course, Thinkific has supported various multi-media materials such as video, quizzes, Typeform, articulate, text, survey, google docs, downloads, discussions and captivate. Video hosting is also provided by the platform.
- Customize Courses – A simple click access multiple ways to create courses are readily available. Options such as private or hidden courses, multiple instructors, pre-requisite lessons, cohorts, and drip schedule are some of the few. Should a business want to maximize the courses, evergreen, expiring content, and membership sites are also available to furthermore explore promotional opportunities.
- Build and Design the Website – Thinkific has a wide collection of themes to match every brand. The website already includes features such as pre-built instructors, curriculum, key learnings, and course review sections, to make the courses more saleable.
- Customize Own Learning Website – The classic drag and drop builder enables users to add, delete, or rearrange sections of the course pages. Build the website from ground up with Thinkific or link an existing site from any platform, without disrupting the learning journey. Should there be a need for any advanced coding, Thinkific also grants full access to the backend.
- Increase Course Sales – Boost the course sales with built-in promotional features such as free trials, upsells, custom-first monthly payments, and flexible payment plans. Aside from these, the platform also allows a wide audience through multiple currency availability and credit card payments. Thinkific members are also paid immediately, with a secured payment process.
- Advanced Marketing Tools - Create campaigns that are highly targeted. Improve campaigns using ad tracking, smart retargeting, AdWords, and Facebook marketing. Partner incentive feature is also included, should there be commission rates involved.
Rich Learning Environment – Courses are more fun with progress indicators, unrestricted replays of course material, and language controls. To celebrate course achievements, there are also customized completion pages and completion certificates for students.
Aside from usability concerns, Thinkific also address security issues in order to keep the content of the website, and the entire course data safe.
The platform concentrates on an effective 99.9% server uptime and 24/7 monitoring to keep the site always up and running for the creators and its students. Moreover, with SSL certificates included in the websites, the entire platform and content are safe with reliable, secure cloud hosting. On top of that, course creators won’t have to worry about updates since Thinkific’s version updates are automatic.
Thinkific effortlessly integrates with over 1000 external business and marketing apps available in the market. This means that there is a broader reach for potential students and more opportunities to branch out. Some of the platforms include Stripe, Brillium, Accredible, Zapier, MailChimp, Keap, and more. Engage in the platform that is designed for success.
Of course, as lucrative as the online learning industry is, it is always better to partner with a platform that understands the business of creating courses, to furthermore boost growth and revenue. Thinkific has no transaction fees. All plans also include expert support for online education and come with an unlimited number of students. What’s great about this platform is they never take cut from the revenues each customer makes.
- Free Plan – Priced at $0.00 per month. This plan is absolutely free and comes with core features such as the creation of three courses with unlimited students. Furthermore, content hosting, instant access to funds, quizzes, and surveys are also included.
- Basic Plan - Set at $49.00 for monthly payment, and $39.00 per month for annual. It has all the basic features and tools needed to venture into course creation. It features unlimited courses and students, coupons, drip content, affiliate reporting, custom domain, email integrations, zapier triggers, and manual student enrollment & exports.
- Pro Plan – Priced at $99.00 for monthly payment, and $79.00 per month for annual. This plan includes all basic plan features, plus two site admin accounts, access for five-course admins/authors, and the option for private & hidden courses. In addition, it also has advanced course pricing options, memberships, and bundles, certificates, advanced customization, priority support, and enabled for assignments. This plan also has communities and live lessons with Zoom for maximum student engagement.
- Premier Plan – Priced at $499.00 for monthly payment, and $399.00 per month for annual. It includes everything from the Pro Plan, plus, but it has five admin accounts. The premier plan also gives access to add 15 Group Analysts, and 50 Course admins/authors. It has a single sign-on (SSO), onboarding package, and unlimited growth package. The premier plan is intended for businesses that seek to build an empire of online courses and designed for distributing online education on a massive scale.
The power of education and learning is endless. Thinkific provides the platform for both business and course creators for an additional revenue stream. Going beyond and above the courses, Thinkific understands and provides the tools needed to create a profitable online course business, and growing it along the way. Designed with the learner’s journey in mind, this platform delivers the ultimate support, whether for mere starters or large businesses. They perfectly mastered the ins and outs of the education business, hence, driving all customers to success.
Would we recommend Thinkific? A hundred percent, yes. The platform has the most intelligent features intended to create impact for both the students and the course providers. Take advantage of this growing industry and partner with the best online course platform, Thinkific.
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia, and is a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.