Vimeo Pro Review: Best Video Hosting for Websites
Welcome to an era of visuals and video revolution. Gone are the days where videos are treated as a memoir or just an elevated media for entertainment. Today, a video has become a powerful tool for money-making due to its versatility and effectiveness.
Audiovisual content is one of the most profitable digital marketing assets, as proven by numerous studies and statistics. Why is that? Well, the reason is solely attributed to the human’s highly dominant visual sense. Our brain transmits and receives information largely based on visuals, and we process details better when we see it. Hence, the significant engagement for photo campaigns, and more so, for videos. It attracts an audience, retains customers, and generally more profitable.
There are several reasons why videos are more effective in increasing conversions and organic response. First, moving images catch attention better, as compared to static images or text content. Customers are more comfortable digesting the same amount of information when presented in a video. That is why videos have shown to gather more clicks in PPC ads and mail campaigns.
Moreover, video content is an effective SEO partner. As studies show, a page that has video content is 53 times more likely to top the SERPs. The use of videos for ecommerce is also proven to build trust and confidence in buying online. Since customers are limited to see and touch the actual products, most of them rely on merchandise videos, wherein they can sense the overall look of the item.
Due to the reasons mentioned above, videos has created a positive effect on ROI. In fact, based on a study conducted by Wyzowl statistics, 83% of businesses believe that video marketing gives an excellent return on investment.
Convinced? Before hopping on video marketing and content creation, it would be beneficial to explore platforms that are able to provide video solutions that actually grows with the website. This review will focus on a video hosting platform called Vimeo Pro. This blog will dig its notable features, discuss points for preference, and how it can primarily perform as a website partner.
What is Vimeo Pro?
Vimeo is a video hosting, sharing, and services platform. It is an optimized online video streaming site for uploading and promotion of videos. That is the platform in a nutshell. Vimeo offers four membership options namely Vimeo Plus, Vimeo Pro, Vimeo Business, and Vimeo Premium. As mentioned above, this review will highlight Vimeo Pro’s features and advantages over other video hosting platforms.
Vimeo Pro is a video platform built for creative professionals to share videos in high quality, working within the industry standard of video hosting.
Who can use Vimeo Pro?
Vimeo is a video solution perfect for individuals and teams maintaining websites. Vimeo is also perfect for online marketers and for businesses like production companies, SMBs, and enterprises. The platform empowers creatives and businesses of all scales to create stories and connect with people. With a massive 90 million members, spanning in 150 countries globally, Vimeo has all the tools needed to excel in video sharing, selling, and marketing.
Vimeo Pro Features
- High-Quality Videos
Deliver full visual feast with Vimeo’s unmatched video quality. High-quality videos are in demand today, to maximize the viewing experience. Vimeo player supports variation such as 4K Ultra HD, HDR, and 360 videos, and compatible with any device. It also supports high-quality video sharing on desktop PCs, mobile phones, tablets, and television.
- Video Security and Privacy
Vimeo is enabled to privately store videos and just choose specific people to obtain access. With Vimeo, users can acquire full control over their videos with secured links, password protection, private set-up, and exclusive storage.
- Rich Post-Editing
Users can upload work in progress without any interruption. Vimeo has an excellent post-production tool that lets users share raw cuts of videos for review. This feature can add time-coded notes, and reply to collaborators and clients in real-time.
- Highly Customizable Player
Vimeo’s player is embeddable to any part of the website. Videos are also shareable across all social media channels for wide reach and salability. The player can be customized based on brand guidelines and owner preferences. The addition of logo, change of color, size, and arranging the playlist is possible.
- Reporting and Analytics
Users can also track views and engagement per video. Information on watch times is also available to deliver insights so users can match the best time to upload videos.
- 360 Video Support
Vimeo goes beyond the norm for video streaming. Hence, can upload, embed, and able to sell 360 videos.
- Social Sharing
Publish videos as posts on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. Statistics will be available on the Vimeo user platform.
Vimeo Pro Integrations
Simplifying the process of video hosting, Vimeo has integrated with some of the best platforms for direct uploads and editing. Applications that can integrate to Vimeo includes Adobe Premiere Pro, DropBox, Final Cut Pro, OneDrive, Slack, iMovie, Filmora, Google Drive, and Squarespace.
Since Vimeo Pro is a plan from Vimeo, we’ve listed the membership plans along with it for better comparison.
- Vimeo Pro – Built for professional creators. This plan is priced at $20 per month and is billed annually. This initial plan includes storage of 20GB per week and allows three team members. The features include privacy and security, advanced embed options, video engagement graphs, custom calls to action in the player and publish videos natively to social.
- Vimeo Business – Perfect for businesses and teams. This plan is priced at $50 per month and is billed annually. It has unlimited weekly storage of up to 5TB in total and allows up to 10 team members. This plan includes everything in pro, plus Interaction cards to engage viewers, and the ability to capture emails for lead generation. Moreover, this plan can sync with any email marketing software and is enabled for Google Analytics integrations.
- Vimeo Premium – For advanced video requirements, this plan is highly recommended. It is priced at $75 per month and is billed annually. The premium plan has unlimited live streaming, and its storage can be up to 7TB in total, plus, it allows up to 10 team members. It includes everything from the business plan plus VIP support and unlimited live streaming functionality.
Is Vimeo worth trying?
Vimeo is loaded with superb tools to crate stunning videos because the platform understands what professional creatives need. Vimeo Pro is a great video hosting for starters, as it can host few videos even under a small budget. Out of all the video hosting platforms available, Vimeo has the highest quality output, securing great video content.
If you want to start venturing into video marketing, then Vimeo is an excellent platform to use. Due to the advances of technology, the majority of customers now favors watching video over written media. Hence, it is best to leverage the trend and create content that actually rakes high-quality conversion. Start embedding videos on websites or incorporating them into the marketing mix for a greater shot at favorable business results and fast return on investment.
Do you use Vimeo? What can you say about the platform? Let us know!
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business selling high-ticket products online with the drop shipping fulfillment method so you can make more profit per sale, have a sustainable and evergreen online business, get started with very little upfront investment, and live a location independent lifestyle. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of over 10 virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia. Trevor is also a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.
Step-By-Step Training for High-Ticket Drop Shipping
Here are the next steps you'll need to take to start your high-ticket dropshipping business:
Resources for Starting A High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce Store
These are the resources I've created to help you start your own high-ticket dropshipping eCommerce store:
Recommended Resources for eCommerce Entrepreneurs and Digital Nomads
- Best VPN Service
- Best Keyword Research Tool
- Best Domain Registrars
- Best Web Hosting
- Best Business Email for Small Business
- Best Small Business Phone System: Best VoIP for Small Business
- Best Virtual Mailbox for Every Traveler and Digital Nomad
- Best LLC Services: The Top 7 Business Formation Experts
- Best Business Credit Cards for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Business Checking Accounts for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Online Trading Platform for Entrepreneurs
- Best Credit Report Service: Excellent Tools To Monitor Credit Score
- Best Bookkeeping Services for Small Business
- Best eCommerce Platform for Dropshipping
- Best Shopify Themes for eCommerce
- Best Shopify Apps for Drop Shipping
- Best Email Marketing Software for Small Business
- Best Landing Page Builder for Shopify
- Best Social Media Management Tools
- Best Answering Service for Small Business
- Best Online Course Platforms