Best eCommerce Platform for High-Ticket Drop Shipping
Looking for the Best eCommerce Platform for your High-Ticket Drop Shipping business?
Starting your eCommerce store means finally realizing your modern-day entrepreneurial dreams. However, many people get intimidated by the technicalities that come with it. Besides your business plan, you have to understand all the technical facets that come with the back end of eCommerce, including domain registration, hosting, integration to third-party apps, etc. All of these are difficult to understand if you don’t have a background in IT.
The good thing is that nowadays, setting up a store online doesn’t require any coding skills unlike before. Fortunately, there are available platforms that you can utilize to establish your web store. In this blog, we’ll go through the best eCommerce platforms that you can use to build your eCommerce store successfully.
But first of all, what makes a good eCommerce platform?
How to Spot an Excellent eCommerce Platform?
In signing up for an eCommerce platform, here are the key features that you need to check to make sure it can serve all your needs.
Massive Selection of Themes for Different Industries
Your eCommerce Platform must provide you with tons of templates and themes for your store. You should be able to swim into a massive pool of templates from professional-looking to funky-looking.
Its theme selection shall encompass different site categories and be flexible enough for you to customize depending on your chosen aesthetics. Besides that, your chosen eCommerce platform must be user-friendly enough not to require coding for every change in element.
Shopping Cart Plug-ins and Add-ons
In every eCommerce shop, the main goal is to sell. However, if your shopping cart is difficult to use, or is problematic, you’ll be driving your customers away. That is why it’s critical that you go with an eCommerce platform that offers shopping cart plug-ins and add-ons.
Choose an eCommerce platform that can optimize the checkout process and improve your customers’ consumer journey. Besides, having an award-winning storefront is useless if your order processing is problematic.
Our generation today use phones more than any device. That is why your eCommerce site must work correctly on mobile phones. It’s not enough that you have a nicely designed website; you also have to make sure that all elements are also reflected correctly on a mobile phone.
Many websites make the mistake of neglecting this feature. It’s not enticing to scroll through a webstore, especially when there are elements that are not fit for a mobile phone.
Customer Support Reliability
This feature is the most important among all the aspects mentioned above. It doesn’t matter if you have the best eCommerce store if you don’t have reliable support to back you up. An eCommerce store should be online 24/7. Thus, it’s imperative that you have technical support available to assist you 24/7. It’s also essential that you make sure there are good user reviews, which can attest to an eCommerce platform’s reliability.
Now that you understand what constitutes an excellent eCommerce platform, we can now check the brands that made it to the list!
Best eCommerce Platform for Drop Shipping
Shopify is a managed hosting eCommerce platform that allows you to set up a professional eCommerce store that allows you to sell any type of product (physical or digital), service, or membership program.
- Massive selection of free themes and templates
- Fully customizable
- Allows you to sell unlimited products
- In-depth store analytics
- Built-in order automation
- Collaboration tools with your team members
As one of the best eCommerce platforms available today, Shopify offers 24/7 customer support via phone, live chat, and email. This feature provides you the assurance that you can get any problem solved any time of day or night.
- Shopify Basic costs $29 monthly (and 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction)
- Shopify Plan costs $79 monthly (and 2.6% + 30¢ per transaction)
- Advanced Shopify costs $299 monthly (and 2.4% + 30¢ per transaction)
- Shopify Plus pricing starts at $2000 monthly
Why should you choose Shopify?
Shopify offers everything that you need to run an eCommerce site. It gears you up with the necessary tools to build your store, provides you room for scalability and growth, gives you the flexibility to customize your store and the support you need to run a business 24/7. It has everything you need in a single solution.
I’ve spent the last decade selling things online. I’ve been through a lot. I’ve used eCommerce platforms like eBay, Amazon, eCrater, Bigcommerce, Volusion, Woocommerce/WordPress, but my favorite is Shopify.
If you want to read my in-depth review of Shopify, check out the link below.
Best eCommerce Platform for Large Scale Online Businesses
A large enterprise comes with a complex technical infrastructure. Shopify Plus’ scalable solution provides unlimited bandwidth, almost 100% uptime, and unrestricted sales volume to support big scale eCommerce shops for such needs.
- Streamlined eCommerce operations
- Optimized for conversion
- Global coverage
- Multi-channel commerce
- In-depth Analytics
- Launchpad for grand campaigns
- Migration in 90 days or less
Like Shopify, Shopify Plus offers 24/7 customer support via phone, live chat, and email. Of course, Shopify Plus customers get higher priority. You can also take advantage of its community forums and help center if you want a better understanding of the platform.
It’s also important to note that Shopify Plus offers a Launch Manager to assist your businesses through the signup and starting phase. You also get access to its Merchant Success Manager to help the business grow within the platform continuously.
Since Shopify Plus focus on enterprise-level businesses, there is no specific pricing set to it. The main reason is that Shopify Plus needs to have a full understanding of the business in general first, before proposing the system. Thus, each pricing scheme is tailor-fit to every business, based on its complexity, size, and requirements.
However, one thing to note is that Shopify Plus’s pricing scales upwards together with the client’s revenues.
Why should you choose Shopify Plus?
Shopify Plus is a powerful tool for larger online businesses, its outstanding features will make an excellent support for enterprise-level operations, without a doubt. With an impressive international fulfillment network and built-in analytics and insights, and powerhouse support, it is by far the best enterprise-level eCommerce platform available.
If you want to know more about Shopify Plus, check out my review article through the link below.
Click Here to Read my Review Article on Shopify Plus
Best eCommerce Platform for Beginners
3dcart has been in the retail and eCommerce industry since it was established in 1997. With over 20 years in the industry, 3dcart is one of the pioneers in the eCommerce industry, providing its users with a robust and straightforward eCommerce solution.
3dcart has all the fundamentals and advanced features needed to build your eCommerce website, including inventory control, customizable checkout, category management, shipping tools, order management, store design, and a full suite of marketing & SEO tools above all.
- Massive Theme and Templates Selection
- Powerful Inventory Management for all kinds of industries
- Multi-channel storefront
- Seamless Checkout Process
- In-depth reporting and business analytics
- Dropshipping features
- Comprehensive security features
3dcart offers 24/7 customer support through phone, email, and live chat (for urgent matters). You can also always submit a web ticket and wait for a customer agent to get in touch with you. For impatient customers, you may also reach them through their social media pages via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Startup Plan costs $19.00 per month or $17.10 per month for an annual subscription.
- Basic Plan costs $29.00 per month or $26.10 per month for an annual subscription.
- Plus Plan costs $79.00 per month or $71.10 per month for an annual subscription.
- Power Plan costs $129.00 per month or $116.10 per month for an annual subscription.
- Pro Plan costs $229.00 per month or $206.10 per month for an annual subscription.
Why should you choose 3dcart?
3dcart is a powerful eCommerce tool for online entrepreneurs. The subscription plans offer excellent value for money with its advanced features and built-in tools, paired with round the clock customer support. 3dcart also proves to be the right choice as it can support your business growth with its scalability.
To know more about 3dcart’s features and pricing inclusions, read my full review article below.
Best eCommerce Platform for Small Businesses
Since 2009, BigCommerce has been providing a robust eCommerce solution to its customers. This powerful SaaS platform has served over 90,000 online stores in 120 countries and has achieved impressive growth in the eCommerce solutions space.
- Perfect for B2C and B2B businesses
- Mobile Optimization
- Global coverage
- Multi-channel commerce
- Real-time Analytics
- Seamless integrations with third-party apps
- Massive Theme Collection
BigCommerce offers a dedicated 24/7 technical support, with supplemental Account Management, Solution Architecting, Technical Account Management, Implementation Project Management, and in-house Catalog Transfer Services.
- Standard Plan starts at $29.95 per month and comes with the essential eCommerce tools to jumpstart your webstore
- Plus Plan starts at $79.95 per month comes with everything on the Standard Plan, plus a bunch of marketing tools to grow your business.
- Prop Plan starts at $299.95 per month and comes with everything on the Standard and the Plus plans, and tons of comprehensive features for better scalability.
- Enterprise Plan has custom pricing. It has the best features required to run your webstore; a BigCommerce specialist will assess your business needs and recommend the perfect plan for you.
Why should you choose BigCommerce?
If you’re looking for a flexible, reliable, and robust eCommerce system, BigCommerce is a good choice. It allows you to simplify ecommerce management while building significant traffic, generating higher conversions, and benefiting from its industry-leading expertise. Besides, BigCommerce designs and creates tools that fuel business growth, so you’re sure to scale your business.
Want to know more about BigCommerce? Check out my full review article in the link below.
Best eCommerce Platform for Subscription boxes
Want to explore the subscription box market? Mystery boxes? Craft boxes? If yes, Cratejoy is the way to go.
Cratejoy is an all-in-one subscription platform that enables you to delve into the subscription box business - no additional plugins required. The platform comes with a fully-functioning ecommerce store packed with a custom website, built-in subscription payment method, reporting & analytics, CRM, and more.
- Comprehensive dashboard
- Easy subscription management
- Subscription site designer
- 99.9% Uptime and 24/7 monitoring
- Shipping- and tax-smart checkout
- Easy cancellation and refunds
- Supports 138 currencies
Cratejoy offers a ticket support system. There’s also a help center where you can find resource articles in managing your account.
- FREE - Sell on Marketplace only
- $19 per month – Branded checkout only
- $39 per month - All-in-One with your custom website
Why should you choose Cratejoy?
Cratejoy boasts over 30,000 monthly transactions, with over 3 million page views. Cratejoy allows you to sell craft and unique boxes in different categories without all the hassle that goes with it. So, if you’re thinking of expanding your business to offer subscription box-based services, Cratejoy is undoubtedly one we recommend.
Best eCommerce for Instant Setup
Ecwid is an eCommerce platform that allows you to create an eCommerce store in a few clicks. The thing that differentiates Ecwid from other eCommerce platforms is that it doesn’t require merchants to create new stand-alone eCommerce stores. The platform works like a stand-alone tool that adds a shopping cart to blog sites, websites, and social media accounts.
- Lightning-fast store set-up
- Multi-channel marketing platforms – Facebook, online, Instagram,
- Mobile POS, Etsy, eBay, Amazon
- Exclusive marketing freebies
- Mobile shopping cart
- Seamless integration with third-party apps
Ecwid offers email support and a Help Center where you can submit your support requests. There are also resource articles to help you troubleshoot fundamental issues.
- FREE: Quick store set-up
- Venture plan: $15 per month packed with professional features
- Business plan: $35 per month with advanced eCommerce tools
- Unlimited plan: $99 per month and comes with a fully-functional brand for eCommerce, mobile, and retail
Why should you choose Ecwid?
Ecwid is an eCommerce platform used by 1.5 million sellers worldwide in over 175 countries. The company offers a forever free plan, full-functioning eCommerce toolkit, and requires no transaction fee - making it the best choice for those who want to get started with eCommerce business in no time.
Best eCommerce Payment Gateway
Are you looking for a flexible payment solution that can integrate with all your store’s needs and requirements? If yes, 2checkout is a good option
2checkout is a payment gateway that connects seamlessly to over 20,000 eCommerce stores globally. The company connects with over 100 shopping carts and is packed with tons of features, including advanced security, worldwide accessibility, and ultimate flexibility.
Top Services and Features:
- Flexible Subscription Management
- Global Payments
- Digital Commerce
- Subscription Billing
- Global Tax & Financial Services
- Risk Management & Compliance
- Partner Sales
2checkout offers 24/7 technical support. Besides, 2checkout offers a massive knowledge center, developers portal, and an FAQ page to answer your technical issues.
- 2Sell Plan – Best for selling internationally with a rate of 3.5% +$0.35 per sale.
- 2Subscribe Plan – Best for those selling subscriptions, with a rate of 4.5% +$0.45 per sale.
- 2Monetize Plan – Best for those selling digital items globally, with a rate of 6% +$0.60 per sale.
Why should you choose 2checkout?
2checkout offers a flexible payment gateway for eCommerce stores on a global scale. If you’re establishing an eCommerce business and would want to expand internationally, this payment gateway will surely come in handy.
Since you already understand what makes a good eCommerce Platform, I hope you will successfully build your store in no time. By using the eCommerce Platforms that we’ve listed above, you’re sure to build your webstore faster, as enabled by the platforms’ comprehensive and functional features – all while making your life easier.
What do you think of the list? Do you have other brands in mind? Drop us a comment below!
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business selling high-ticket products online with the drop shipping fulfillment method so you can make more profit per sale, have a sustainable and evergreen online business, get started with very little upfront investment, and live a location independent lifestyle. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of over 10 virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia. Trevor is also a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.
Step-By-Step Training for High-Ticket Drop Shipping
Here are the next steps you'll need to take to start your high-ticket dropshipping business:
Resources for Starting A High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce Store
These are the resources I've created to help you start your own high-ticket dropshipping eCommerce store:
Recommended Resources for eCommerce Entrepreneurs and Digital Nomads
- Best VPN Service
- Best Keyword Research Tool
- Best Domain Registrars
- Best Web Hosting
- Best Business Email for Small Business
- Best Small Business Phone System: Best VoIP for Small Business
- Best Virtual Mailbox for Every Traveler and Digital Nomad
- Best LLC Services: The Top 7 Business Formation Experts
- Best Business Credit Cards for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Business Checking Accounts for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Online Trading Platform for Entrepreneurs
- Best Credit Report Service: Excellent Tools To Monitor Credit Score
- Best Bookkeeping Services for Small Business
- Best eCommerce Platform for Dropshipping
- Best Shopify Themes for eCommerce
- Best Shopify Apps for Drop Shipping
- Best Email Marketing Software for Small Business
- Best Landing Page Builder for Shopify
- Best Social Media Management Tools
- Best Answering Service for Small Business
- Best Online Course Platforms