Are You Looking To Get Free Traffic to Your eCommerce Store?
In this video, I'll be teaching you the best ways to set your site up for search engines to easily be able to find it. I'll also show you how to use free social media and video marketing channels to expand your catalog presence and brand recognition across the web.
SEO and content marketing are two different things but go hand and hand and should definitely be in parallel. Search engine optimization is all about making your website visible for search engines and easily navigated by people.
Content marketing, on the other hand, is creating blog posts and videos that help your customers understand your products better and solve their problems. Share those content blogs and videos and promote them to help sell your products.
Product Page Optimization
If there is one page on your website that nourishes more than any of them, that’s definitely your product page. These are the parts of your product page that you need to optimize.
- Title and description formatting, the title should be formatted correctly. If you’re doing high ticket drops shipping, you should go like a brand, product name, and product type. It should be uniform to your entire website. If your niche has specific specifications that are different between products or has SKU numbers, you should add those in there too. Same thing goes with specific colors, add those in the product title but keep it short, keep it sweet and keep it relevant.
- Meta title, this is a title that shows up on search engines that should be customized with every single product. You don’t need to just leave it as the same as your title. You can add a few things in there like call to action or unique value propositions.
- Meta description, should not just have them in the description but be the same as your product description which will automatically pull three hundred and some odd keywords. What you should do is create a template that calls out the best unique value proposition points of your business and then have that specific brand product and type put into that template so that you can have that pop up on that search engine. It’s way more likely to get a click-through rate and it’s way more likely to get people to want to buy from you.
- Multimedia, including multimedia on your product pages, is really important. Multimedia includes video brochures or downloadable product manuals and pictures. Anything you can do throughout the sales copy of your website to help build the desire for that product and get them more likely to take on buying that product is great. Multimedia also helps with SEO because it shows search engines that people are staying on your page longer and that’s really good
Blog content types
There are different types of blog content you should make. These types of content are the ones that can also be made into videos and should go parallel. You should have a YouTube channel alongside your blog and you should be doing the videos for the blog articles and blog articles for the videos and so on and so forth.
- Keyword research - you want to research all the best keywords and the best product type. If you’re selling sunglasses be like best men’s sunglasses, best women’s sunglasses, best sunglasses for the beach, best sunglasses for the city.
- Best and review article - You need to research all those best X and best x for y keywords within your niche. The next thing to do is to research the review keywords which are usually the products' names.
- Resource roundup articles – If there’s anything specific in your niche that you can make articles like best blogs or best forums, if you make a top 10, top 20, top 50 article it's likely to get backlinks from a lot of people in the blogosphere. That’s likely to boost your entire site’s URL rating or domain rating on that particular page.
- Viral content - The good way to use a tool to look this up is Ahrefs, it’s https://ahrefs.com to sign up. Viral content is great because it’s popular contents are popular on other people’s websites which means people are looking for that information and it’s likely to get read and it’s likely to be appreciated.
- How to contents -If you just go into Google you just type how to blank then you’ll see a bunch of how-to keywords and you get a type of niche name in there. Type in a niche name and then how-to to start getting a lot of good ideas for how-to articles. If you make that content and then guide them to your product pages or collection pages it's likely people land on those from the interwebs and then guide through your website. Since you’re going to be introducing yourself to them and getting them to know, like and trust you on the blog post, it’s more likely they’ll also sign up for an email list which then you can follow up with them.
Internal linking is the way that you guide people through your website and also the way you will get search engines through your website. Link all your pages together and the most important resource articles that will pop up in the search engine.
Linking Text of your articles
Those articles should be linked to all the relevant collection pages and product pages and other blog posts on your site. In that way, when somebody clicks and reads that article, they can click within the text to go to other parts of your website. You should make all links open up to the following.
- Link them to the text of your articles.
- Link them to product upsells within product pages.
- Link products to info articles.
- Link the best review articles to the products and collections.
Linking products to upsell
Linking products to upsell is having a blurb within a product description linking to a more expensive product which is better, nicer and that you’ve highly recommended. Making a blurb about it will make them want to upgrade their purchase.
Linking products to info article
Linking the products to the info articles is interesting because if you have a product that has confusing parts and you want to teach people about those parts, just link to that and you can use the specifications as a breakdown. Use a specification name or type a little, learn more links and then make that go to the article.
Linking to review articles and collections
As mentioned in my previous articles, reviews are the life fluid of your business. People check and read review articles before they decide to buy something. Get partnered with bloggers and vloggers with not less than 1 thousand followers and have them review your products and be sure to link them to the reviews.
Back links and link building
Back links and link building help on how you drive organic traffic to your website and how you drive your organic rankings up in Google. Google defines the best websites up there by the types of backlinks they have. If you’ve got backlinks in a big authoritative website relevant to your niche, it’s way more likely you’re going to show up in the organic results for keywords than if you don’t have any.
Even if your content is completely aimed at those keywords but if you don’t have any backlinks, Google will see that you’re basically not getting any referral thumbs up from any web sites.
Comment Sections of Niche Sites
Make a profile for a niche and make a helpful comment to blogs specific to your niche. When they see that you post comments that are helpful to their blog, they will allow you to put your website address as a link to your name. This will then become a free back link to your website. It might not be a follow link but at least it'll be a backlink and somebody reading through that blog post will be more likely to click through to your website.
Do Follow and No Follow Links
There is a big difference between do follow and no follow links. Keep in mind that do follow links give you more SEO juice because you get to have that authoritative backlink where you can do guest posts and stuff like that. Whereas commenting gives you no following because it is only a back link for people but not for SEO. Backlinks that have do-follow is the most important type of backlink one should get. The best way to do this is to grab guest articles and cross-promotions.
Make use of your Facebook page and group, Twitter and Pinterest because they are good places to get backlinks from. Post all your products, collections, pages and articles on a Facebook page and set up an IFTTT automation so that automatically it gets pulled from your page and put into your group. In that way, you can build a group and put content there.
Having a Twitter profile is great because you can build an automation out. Anything that goes to your Facebook page goes to your Twitter page automatically as your backlink.
Pinterest is great because you can put all of your product images onto Pinterest and each one of those images will link back to that product to its own specific board. They will see your product and they go to your website.
Reddit is a forum where people are searching to solve their problems. If you are into how-to content stuff, which you should definitely take it if it's from your how-to content, put it into answers on Reddit or Reddit forum posts that are relevant. This will also provide backlinks to that article going to your website. Getting backlinks from major forms to articles on your website is really good at builds of your URL rating that boosts your entire website SEO in general.
Niche forums are like a broad form that has niche forms in it. Look for your niche-specific forums and join. Provide helpful, relevant information or maybe a backlink to an article but never spam them products. Never try to sell them anything or spam those forums.
Cross Promotions is when you find influencers in your niche and influence your marketing. It is some sort of a referral from a highly sought after source or information in your niche. Definitely reach out to influencers whether be on Youtube, Pinterest, Instagram, and bloggers.