The Ultimate Guide To Email Marketing for eCommerce
The Ultimate Guide To Email Marketing for eCommerce
Email marketing is one of the best ways to reach your target market. With other platforms like Facebook, reaching potential customers is becoming more expensive, but with email, you have a way to get directly into their email inbox.
Email marketing is not only the least expensive way to reach people directly with your marketing messages, but it's also one of the highest converting marketing mediums that exist. People check their email all day long, so there’s a great chance they’ll see your email. Sending emails on a consistent basis gives those potential customers a reason to go back to your site to make a purchase.
With email marketing, you have the chance to provide value to your customers after purchase in more ways than just providing a tracking number. You can send them educational information about the product they purchased. You can introduce them to your company and mission. Using email as a medium for conveying your marketing messages is a great way to build a fanbase.
How To Do Email Marketing for High-Ticket Drop Shipping
If you're looking for a comprehensive overview of how to do email marketing for high-ticket drop shipping, watch my entire hour-long interview with Earnest Epps and be ready to take notes.
How Email Marketing WorksIt starts with a giveaway or offers in exchange for an email address. Then, it’s a series of emails you send them to get them to take some sort of action
Examples of email marketing campaigns
- Lead generation campaign
- Abandoned cart campaign
- Purchase campaign
- Post-purchase campaign
We use Klaviyo for our high ticket drop shipping stores. Klaviyo is an email marketing app for Shopify. If you aren't using Klaviyo, but you are using Shopify, we highly recommend getting set up as it is able to pull data from your Shopify store like if the email lead has placed an order or not and much more.
Klaviyo works with "flows." These are simply a series of emails set to go out to an email address when something happens, like a sign-up or an order is placed.
For our membership site and affiliate marketing businesses, we use ConvertKit. The concepts are essentially the same but the technical setup process is a little different for each one. Let's break each campaign example down so you know how to put them together.
The Promotional Campaign
- Purpose: to get people to take action or buy something
- Starts with an offer or giveaway in exchange for email signup
- You send a series of emails, usually once a day for a few days that starts with an introduction, then asks them to take an action like follow you on social media.
- The next email will give them a limited time coupon or giveaway (with an exact expiration date/time).
- Follow up with some examples for products that are best sellers.
- Give them the chance to win something big in exchange for sharing your store with their social media friends.
- Keep sending product examples and giveaways or coupons until they convert. Once they convert, they are taken out of this email flow and placed into the new customer email flow.
The Educational Campaign
- A simple email course sent once a day for one week.
- Teaches a topic in an organized way.
- Throughout the lesson, you can include a call to action to upgrade or make a purchasing decision for those that want to buy your product.
- In the end, you can do multiple closing emails.
- You can take the people that don't convert and move them on to a different campaign focused on re-introducing them to your brand and getting them to take a simple action that doesn't require a purchase.
- The process goes on and on.
The Abandoned Cart Campaign
- Last but not least, this email flow gets almost-customers coming back to finish their order.
- The best way to get them to make a purchasing decision is to offer expiring coupon codes. (must have a definite date/time of expiration, the sooner the better).
- Let them know that the stock is running low and they are selling fast.
- If there is any way you can think of to build scarcity and value for the offering, get creative and do it.
The Post-purchase Campaign
- This flow helps customers understand delivery, product assembly/setup, warranty, return policy, etc.
- You can also send your customer related products and services to your product offering that they may be interested in. To find such offers, get creative. Look for affiliate programs in your niche and complementary niches.
If you found this article helpful, please consider sharing it on social media, links are below in the comments section. If you have anything to add or have any questions, please leave a comment below and I'll personally reply to you.
Founder of eCommerce Paradise
PS If you want to grow your e-commerce business with the best apps, software, and services, get my free List of 100+ recommended resources for e-commerce entrepreneurs: https://eCommerceParadise.com/Resources
Step-By-Step Training for High-Ticket Drop Shipping
Here are the next steps you'll need to take to start your high-ticket dropshipping business:
Resources for Starting A High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce Store
These are the resources I've created to help you start your own high-ticket dropshipping eCommerce store:
Recommended Resources for eCommerce Entrepreneurs and Digital Nomads
- Best VPN Service
- Best Keyword Research Tool
- Best Domain Registrars
- Best Web Hosting
- Best Business Email for Small Business
- Best Small Business Phone System: Best VoIP for Small Business
- Best Virtual Mailbox for Every Traveler and Digital Nomad
- Best LLC Services: The Top 7 Business Formation Experts
- Best Business Credit Cards for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Business Checking Accounts for eCommerce and High-Ticket Dropshipping
- Best Online Trading Platform for Entrepreneurs
- Best Credit Report Service: Excellent Tools To Monitor Credit Score
- Best Bookkeeping Services for Small Business
- Best eCommerce Platform for Dropshipping
- Best Shopify Themes for eCommerce
- Best Shopify Apps for Drop Shipping
- Best Trust Seals: Gain Consumer Confidence Easily
- Best Dropship Supplier for Amazon, eBay, and Shopify
- Best Email Marketing Software for Small Business
- Best Landing Page Builder for Shopify
- Best Social Media Management Tools
- Best Answering Service for Small Business
- Best Online Course Platforms
eCommerce Paradise was created by Trevor Fenner of Seattle, Washington in 2015 to help you, the entrepreneur, to start and scale your own eCommerce business selling high-ticket products online with the drop shipping fulfillment method so you can make more profit per sale, have a sustainable and evergreen online business, get started with very little upfront investment, and live a location independent lifestyle. Trevor owns multiple 7-figure High-Ticket Drop Shipping eCommerce stores and is a digital nomad, traveling the world while working remotely with the help of his team of over 10 virtual assistants from around the world. Trevor is currently located in Bali, Indonesia. Trevor is also a passionate skateboarder, surfer, scuba diver, photographer, environmentalist, outdoorsman, fitness and tattoo enthusiast.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate referral links. I will get a commission from the vendor when you make a purchase after clicking them at no added cost to you. As a result, many of them also provide you with a special discount just for using my link. You can go directly to their support if you have any issues with their software or product.